Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach


(369) comments about this tip

Bleach for ringworm, ring worm

Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.

The following was sent in by Nick

You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines

Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
100% Bleach
- Burning
- Scars

Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water

Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***



Visitors comments



 
I us3d bl3ach. Comments By: Ms.Dominiqu3:) on 2009-04-08
w3ll im thirt33n y3ars old and i got a stupid ringworm on my fac3!!!! I didnt know what to do so i look3d on th3 int3rn3t and found this sit3 that strongly sugg3st3d bl3ach. W3ll i us3d 100% bl3ach on a pap3r tow3l and dabb3d it on th3 b3autiful fungus for about 5 minut3s. Its b33n burnig for 10.. Ouch
W3ll.. I hav3 no r3sults y3t, but ill l3t you know.

 
helppp Comments By: Anon on 2009-04-09
can i use hydrogen chlorite to get rid of the ringworm?

TipKing say: Nothing on TipKing suggests that

 
can I put a scarf on my head? Comments By: Marquis on 2009-04-11
Im 14 ( and Im african american) I tried the bleach and the first 2 minutes it burned kind of bad, but i know the bleach is killing it. I have one ring worm by my hair line on the right side and 5 on the back of my neck. I wear a Du-Rag everynight ( a scarf) and i was wondering if it is okay to wear it without it interferring with the worm going away
( I just want it all gone in at least 4 days!! ) please help me if you know how to get rid of them

 
Bleach didn't work Comments By: Anon on 2009-04-12
Have cats which had ringworm and tried bleach. Did nothing but irritate the cat's skin and run when they saw me coming. I called my vet and he said to use any cream for athletes foot. It got rid of the ringworm quickly.
 
ringworm cure Comments By: robg on 2009-04-16
No bleach does not work. The majority of the bloggers are taking piss. They are lying to see which fool falls for this wanna be cure. You must go to the dermatalogist and seek professional medical help.
 
BLEACH DEFINATELY WORKS A TREAT!!!! Comments By: bleach queen on 2009-04-21
Having ringworm for three weeks - i noticed that the anti - fungal creams i was prescribed were doing absolutely nothing at all!!! the ring worm was even growing wider and wider per day!!!! so out of pure desperation to rid myself of this disgusting fungus i came across this particular website, where i read the testimonials about the bleach method - so for three days i applied undiluted bleach with a cotton bud. At first i didnt even feel a slight sting, by the second day i applied it again and it stung really good! by the third day it had formed a scab and died!!!!!!!!!!! - two days later the scab came off, and now i have a little scar which is fading very quickly - so in conclusion - bleach definately does do the job, so forget those so called anti - fungal creams. bleach killed my ringworm in 3 days!!!!!!!!!
 
ring worm Comments By: anon on 2009-04-25
i have ring worm and nonthing is workin igota cream and it still isnt what do i do .im a little scared about the bleech please helpp.
 
ring worms itch Comments By: WORM KILLA on 2009-05-07
I PUT BLEACH ON MY RAG AND I PRESS DOWN REALLY HSRD TILL IT BURNS AND OHHH IT BURNS BUT I KEEP THE RAG ON UNTIL I CANT TAKE THE BURN ANY MORE BUT I KNOW WHEN IT BURNS IT KILLS THE RING WORM
 
clorox bleach really works!!! Comments By: jack coleman on 2009-05-15
last november i developed a really bad case of ring worm on my upper thighs and crotch. store bought creams did very little. my doctor perscribed a cream with steroids that also did not work. i tried every cream in the drugstore over a three month period. nothing worked! out of desperation i tried clorox bleach[one part bleach to ten parts water. i started to dab it [not rub it] on the affected areas after my shower in the morning and again in evening. i dabbed it on and stayed nude until it dried, then put myclothes on. thank goodness i read this website and tried it. within a week my itchy raw red disgusting ringworm was totally totally gone!! however, when i stopped using the clorox it started to come back. so i went right back to the morning and night dabbing of one part clorox to 10 parts water and this seems to be preventing any reoccurence. i apply it with a fresh cotton ball and it does not burn at all. IMPORTANT!! the first few days that i started using clorox the affected area got even more red but then as it dried up the ringworm; all the redness disappeared!
 
OUCH! Comments By: tayy on 2009-06-08
okay so i have two ringworms one on my chin and another on my neck. i read about using sea salt and water and that should dry it up. it wasnt really working that well. i kept reading about this bleach thing and decided to try it. im typing this while using bleach for the first time and IT BURNS LIKE A MOTHER!!!!!!! but i can already see that its not as gross looking so im kind of getting excited. hope this works!
 
just started.. Comments By: lala on 2009-06-29
straigt up bleach..shit i can take the pain if it means it'll get rid of it faster..

ive been using otc and it seems to be getting worse so cross my fingers on this one..

 
Woohoo, Welcome to the Ringworm Club! Comments By: Malulani on 2009-07-12
I adopted a kitten from this crazy lady, she said he had a "rash" on his ear. 1 month later my other cat, boyfriend and I all have it. Guess this is what I get for being nice. Why hasn't a doctor figured out some sort of miracle cream yet? The bleach thing does work but it's a bit harsh. I'm willing to do anything at this point...I live in Hawaii where it's extremely humid. I now have over 10 lesions,(it's been a week since my first and 1 pops up new daily)I feel like a walking disease. I hate ringworm!!!!!!!! Friggen nasty!!!!!
 
it works Comments By: Dennis Crus on 2009-07-19
i've been searching a cure for my skin problem that is located on the head at first it started like a dandruff as time goes by by i've noticed my problem becoming worst that i've realize its a ringworm. i'd tried doctors prescription but nothing works then i try to search in the web for cure for my problem then i've read using a bleach is effective then i try. the first i notice is the scaling of my head have been gone, until now i use bleach a week from now over night and wash it in the morning to get rid of the smell of the bleach. there's just a queastion i like to ask how long i will use the bleach to cure the problem
i hope you will reply

 
It works but have caution ! Comments By: anonymous on 2009-07-24
I been had ringworm on my ear for about two months now from the kids I work with in a daycare. I tried creams but they just seem to maintain it from spreading and not get rid or it . I used bleach on my ear twice a day and it worked very well. . . I'm guess some of the bleach got on my face when I was applying it because my face broke out really bad and was really swollen . I had to go to the ER to make sure it was just an allergic reaction . SO just be very careful with the bleach and dont put it anywhere but on the infection !
 
Dont be stupid by putting bleach on your scalp! Comments By: 10 years of ringworm on 2009-07-29
You dont want to loose your hair do you?
TRY THIS EXPERIMENT if i'm lying!
Cut a strands from your hair and dip it in bleach. Watch what happens... the strands are dissolving yes? Thatís what I thought! Dont be stupid by putting bleach on your scalp!

BLEACH will sting you like a bi*** and leave scarrrrrrs! If you do choose this remedy, make sure you have not scratched the affected area before applying it. Dilute if necessary. There are other ways i.e. wash and change your clothes and bed clothes everyday. Keep your nails SHORT AS POSSIBLE! Have a shower twice a day. Use baby wipes to wipe away the flakes then apply the affected area with vinegar using the wipes (not you fingers!). After, apply Nizoral Shampoo (anti-fungus)to the effected area. Donít use flannels. After you dry it apply your anti-fungal cream. Bath in anti-fungal solutions and vinegar. Cover your affected area with a bandage (not a plaster). Keep your hair up if it is in the ears or on the neck. Wash your hair frequently and apply anti-fungal solutions on the scalp (part sections of the hair). Your family should be under the same treatment as you so you will not pass it to them or get it back. Keep affected area dry. Do not itch! Itching will spread it. Do not share towels, combs etc. Drink plenty of water. Cleaning the body from the inside will prevent it from coming back.

Try: 8 glasses a day (when you wake up, drink 6 glasses in a row. This will take up time. Do not gulp fast!)You will need to urinate more times than usual. This will clean the blood and fungal viruses. You MUST do this two hours before breakfast. the remaining 2 glasses you will drink in the day. You will feel healthier. Make sure you do not exceed the daily amount of 8 glasses.

 
We have used it on cats at the Veterinary Clinic. Comments By: Fungus Among Us on 2009-07-29



Ask a question Send in a tip Contact TipKing Books Privacy Disclaimer Feed
© Tipking 2000-2011 All rights reserved Last update: Thu Nov 17 2011