family  |  money & time savers  |  misc  |  practical  |  use stuff

Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach


(369) comments about this tip

Bleach for ringworm, ring worm

Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.

The following was sent in by Nick

You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines

Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
100% Bleach
- Burning
- Scars

Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water

Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***



Visitors comments



Bleach Does Work Comments By: Nurse Wanda on 2006-07-14
I had a ringworm/rash on my elbow that lasted for years. I put bleach on it and it did go away. However, I would recommend using bleach diluted with water. 1 part bleach to 10 part water. On the bleach bottle it tells u that is an irritant and when used full strength, will irritate the skin (especially the face). As with any treatment, it should be started gradually. Try the mixture on a test area. A small area. Try the diluted solution once daily. If well tolerated, try using the diluted solution twice daily. If spreading of the ringworm or more irritation develop, stop use and seek medical intervention.

Bleach is used in modern medicine to treat open bed sores. It is diluted tho. Not full strength. I hope this helps.

 
I'm A Fungus Chicken! Comments By: Fungus Queen on 2006-07-20
I read on this board to dilute the bleach so, in one nite I did 10-to-1 combo then about 30min later 5-to-1 and then about 2:00am straight bleach. I'm skivedout about this rinrworm crap. Well it looks lighter and a slight burning...I'll do straight bleach again tonight.
 
ringworm on upper neck, behind head Comments By: Michael on 2006-07-31
ok so...me having ocd about being clean almost had a heart attack when i found out i had a ringworm. i suppose i got it from one of my students at summer camp...anyway, heres how i got rid of it...it was a 4 day process of 1:6 part DILUTED bleach and Lamasil. i did this process twice a day and are happy to report that its gone. DO NOT put the bleach directly on the skin...this may cause scaring. if the bleach burn is unbarable, dilute it even more. hope this helps. goodluck.
 
trying it out Comments By: Racquell on 2006-08-01
well, i tried the bleach about 30 mins ago. it started to burn but it got better. most of the itching has stopped and it already looks better. i just wanna know if i can cover it with a band-aid cuz i'm so tempted to scratch it!!!!
 
Fungus Queen Comments By: Fungus Queen on 2006-08-05
The Saga Goes On..............
Once Upon a Time
My 3 yr old came home with a spot over her ear. I took her to the Dr. and I used an over the counter anti-fungal cream, it has gone it seemed to be gone in about 3 wks time. About 2 wks after my baby was well I got a "fungi" spot on my neck; my 20 yr old got three spots. It has now been about 3wks and I thought we were finished with "The Fungus" and now Again 2 spots on one of my legs!! What to do?

 
Bleach works but use CAUTION Comments By: Anon on 2006-10-21
After searching for ringworm remedies on the web I decided to try the bleach one.
I had read to use Clorox because it does not contain sodium hydroxide, commonly known as lye, a powerfully caustic agent that will burn holes in your skin. Use bleach that
contains ONLY sodium hypochlorite and water like Clorox brand. So, I diluted the Clorox 6:1 part water and dabbed on three areas of ringworm that were on my neck. Wow did it burn so I only left it on for a few minutes then rinsed with warm water. Within fifteen minutes the burning had stopped and the spots no longer itched and appeared less red.
I also tried using clear nail polish but do not recommend using it after the bleach treatment as the skin will burn terribly. This no doubt from irritation from the bleach treatment. But I also read that using clear nail polish works by suffocating the ringworm and has worked well for many. Right now I have no itching but redness on the areas that I used bleach and polish on. Hopefully tomorrow it should be better...

 
Bleach Works very Well... Comments By: Bleach definetly works on 2006-10-27
I had ring worm last year, after finding out about the bleach (use only hypochloride) it cleared up my ringworm in 2-3 days. BUT i forgot to wash a jacket I commonly wore when I had the fungus... Long story short it survived a year on my jacket and is now back with vengence. I am back to using a Bleach and Lamisil treatment and unfortunately the fungus is putting up a fight still after 2 days, but I think I am winning.
 
BLEACH WILL NOT BURN UR SKIN! Comments By: Anon on 2006-10-28
If you want to get rid of the ringworm fungus FAST then use the bleach method. The bleach will definately not burn your skin as long as it is diluted at least 5 times. Apply the weak bleach solution with a cotton wool ball, it does not even sting. Wash off after 5 minutes and it will have dried out the skin and killed the fungus. Repeat once a day and the ringworm should clear up. I tried EVERYTHING to heal the ringworm and most things failed this includes the creams (which don't work on ringworm which is persistent) Ringworm is killed by drying out the skin so the fungus cannot live without moisture and also by using something which is antifungal such as bleach which does both. I am sure Tea Tree oil also works in its purest forms along with sea salt to dry out the skin.
 
ringworm and home remedy Comments By: Anon on 2006-11-01
100% Tea tree oil will soothe ringworm skin if applied direct provided there is no allergy. Tea tree oil is anti fungal and anti bacterial. You can even put some drops into a bath and soak. I also found the biggest and most powerful antifungal natural product was Grapefruit Seed Extract bought inexpensively from a health food shop. If you research GSE on the web you will find scientific research confirming its benefits and you can even put a few drops in water/juice and drink it to help the PH of the skin making it more alkaline and therefore difficult for the fungus to survive. Hope this information helps.
 
help ! Comments By: anon on 2006-11-20
had ring worm since July. caught if off a stray cat i was feedin. Cant get rid of it at all. Had two lots of tablets and im still plastrered in little red lumps. IVe tried everything and every combination of creams under the sun. Im getting suicidal now . Im going to try the bleach programme as it cant be any worse than it is now. watch this space....
 
not tryed it yet Comments By: claire on 2006-11-25
just found out that i have ring worm , i have it on my back, i was horrafied when the doc told me, i,m going to try the bleach , i,m a bit nervious because i have excema,will let u now how i get on,
 
Old remedy Comments By: Concerned mom on 2006-12-01
When I was younger, about 15 yo, my grandmother told me to dab bleach on the ringworm. It worked and I have never been bothered with it again. Recently my son contracted it and I am debating if I should start him on the bleach treatment. His ringworm is on his scalp and I am concerned about hair loss. Has anyone used it on their scalp?
 
H.E.L.L..O Comments By: FIRE on 2006-12-14
i just applied the bleach cotton ball and it is burining like h.e.l.l..o! but hey you know when all else fails,
 
We'll see... Comments By: Anonymous on 2006-12-22
I have over ten patches of ringworm from my new kittens. I guess my body is having a really tough time fighting and resisting the ringworm because it won't go away - even after a doctor's visit and very expensive prescription cream! I tried the bleach remedy on one of the spots and it seemed to disappear, so I've since put bleach on all of the spots. We'll see! I know that the fungus can re-occur, so I'd recommend putting an anti-fungal cream on the spot(s) for a week or so after they seem to have disappeared.
 
Tried it for 2 days....it's WORSE Comments By: Dee on 2006-12-31
It burned really badly and my ringworm is more red and itchy. Maybe I had an allergic reaction? Anyway, back to the ointment for me!
 
SCARE TO DEATH Comments By: Skeptical on 2007-01-02
Okay, you guys are scaring me..don't know if I am going to use this..don't want burns/scars/etc...i'm just going to use tea tree and clear nail polish...THANKS! Hmm, this tea tree kinda burns...is that normal?



Ask a question Send in a tip Contact TipKing Books Privacy Disclaimer Feed
Tipking 2000-2011 All rights reserved Last update: Thu Nov 17 2011

privacy policy