Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach


(369) comments about this tip

Bleach for ringworm, ring worm

Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.

The following was sent in by Nick

You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines

Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
100% Bleach
- Burning
- Scars

Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water

Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***



Visitors comments



I have had these two ringworms for about a month or so now, and have been spraying with Lamisil and covering with a bandaid. I'm so tired of having these things on me! I feel disgusting! I'm gonna try the bleach thing...I don't mind a little scar, so long as this fungus is gone!!
 
TOM' S RESULTS Comments By: Tom on 2010-10-26
IT WORKED!!! I took a paper towel and folded it in 4 and dabbed Clorox bleach on it. It burned like hell (as I said before) but I didnt know if it worked. Then next day I went to my doctor's office and he told me the bleach had killed off all the fungus and that no living bacteria was visible.

Although the bleach did inflame my skin and turned it red a little, the doctor gave me an ointment to take care of that and its working great, THANKS GUYS!!!! USE THE BLEACH ITS WORTH IT!!!!! :):)

 
getting redder Comments By: dnote on 2010-10-29
I started using bleach 48 hours ago and although the itch is gone, the spots are awfully red...but drying out. Is the redness normal? Please respond quickly!
 
horrible Comments By: bianca on 2010-11-02
i had ringworm da oda month .dont no were i got it from.went docs they gave me cream and it went strait away..bought a kitten 2 weeks ago..and all kittens got it and beinmedicated ,but this time its come bak with a vengeance .i tried bleach n vinegar today cos am desperate,it seem s to have gone worse but am hopin .its get worse b4 it gets better
 
Tetraderm Topical Cream Comments By: Anon on 2010-11-10
Never tried bleach, but I got a bad case of Athletes Foot while in Mexico and a Pharmacist sold me a Tetraderm Cream. It cured it very quickly and I later used it on Ringworm that I suspect I got there as well. Worked great but it had to be applied for several weeks even after the redness was gone or it would come back. Did leave a scar but is on my leg and not too much of a problem. This cream is suppose to lighten scars as well, so I will continue to use it. Can't get it in the USA but can order on line from a Mexican Pharmacia or get it in Mexico (cheap). It has three antibacterial products in one med.
Betamethasone dipropionate, Gentamicin sulfate and Clotrimazole. Not sure why you can't get it here, if you have concerns suggest you talk to you Doctor.

 
stupid Comments By: luca pompili on 2010-12-03
it burned my skeen up it was a disaster im a 12 year hold child and i was crying as if someone stabbed me in the back
 
rubbish Comments By: luca pompili on 2010-12-03
im a 12 year old boy and the bleach stings so badly its so wasted it was like cooking me in the oven
 
i hate ringworms ugh Comments By: LELE on 2010-12-08
i have struggled with ringworm for 7yrs. now and for a while it just kept passing from house to house and child to child and adult to adult have been to the dr. hundreds of times have had all the creams gisofulvan which makes u sick and they continue to come back i used bleach and it does kill them instantly and we will go 3 or 4 months without it and then it comes back i just dont know what actually stops it completely HELP????
 
Burns!! Comments By: greg on 2010-12-11
i have a ring worm that just started not to long ago i used bleaced it burned but noting happend im not even sure this is safe for my body do its not that good
 
WORKS FOR ME Comments By: Mia on 2010-12-17
Thanks for this site! I have this ringworm nightmare for almost two months already. There only three spots on my right arm before. so I used Antifungal creams and soaps. Well, just as the three spots were gone, there were spots on my other arm and it keeps on spreading. I tried this bleach remedy, and it pretty works for me. I used Zonrox bleach at home, dab it thrice already and it dried quickly, it doesn't burn me at first. I scratched one spot so for the next application it was a little bit stingy. I still continue to put antigungal creams and soap to go with it to make sure this ringworm will be totally gooone! I wanna see if i can have them totally removed and i'll be back here for updates! :D
 
Use Dettol, NOT Bleach !! Comments By: Bellydad on 2010-12-17
I have had ringworm for 7 years and it was starting to spread so I got serious. I've tried lamisil, clotrimazole (both tabs and cream), bleach, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, salt, apple cider vinegar, Dr Scholls spray and even Lysol - nothing worked ! Then I tried Dettol (1:5 concentration - 2x day, leave to dry) - hard to find here in Canada (Shoppers Drug Mart) but works in days. The medical 'cures' only kill the spore - bleach and Dettol kill the actual fungus but Dettol is much easier on your skin. Please believe me and try this - you will thank me (although I don't know how)
 
Lets see how this goes Comments By: ring-around-the worm must die on 2010-12-18
I recently discovered some itching on my neck. Thought it was a pimple, so heck I scratched it back. A couple of days later, I realized it had turned into a circular sore. OMG, it's ringworm !! I went to CVS and bought an over the counter cream. Also went to the doctor who said I should keep using the cream for 3 - 4 weeks. Got tired of the cream, didn't seem like it was working fast enough for me. I started using bleach today, 1:5 ( bleach to water ). It stings a little and the color is a lot darker. Keeping my fingers crossed. Can't afford to go into the new year with this nasty ringworm !
 
itchyringworm! Comments By: candiva on 2010-12-23
i got ringworm on my forehead when i was in highschool. it was manageable though. i just applied "katialis" once and its completely gone.. but 7 years later it cameback! I had my full trust with "katialis" but it burned my skin and the ringworm got worst! now i have a big ringworm at the back of my knee around 5cm diameter! i asked my doctor and advised me to use candiva cream. it's working and its almost a week and im still applying it. it still feels itchy so i think its still there!
now i'll try to apply some diluted bleach and see how it works!
can somebody help me on how to get rid of this burned mark on my leg??? this lowers my self-esteem =(

 
BLEACH Comments By: Nasty ringworm on 2010-12-25
Ok so I got a ringworm on my cheek so I was using a cream oh my face then I got so frustrated that I tryed the bleach treatment n happy to say it has dried out!!!! Thanks for the advise!!!!
 
keep treating even if it looks gone Comments By: anon on 2011-01-24
Ringworm needs to be treaded well after it looks gone like 6 weeks,its hides out under the skin like a dandilion root and will always always come back if you stop treating after it "looks" gone! you also have to wash evrey thing your ring worm might have touched,be very carfull drying with a towel or you will have it every wear and treat under ur nails if youve itched it,i used to used a cuetip then toss,take showers,not baths,use head and shoulders on ur whole body,never cover it with a bandaid ,unless u like ringworm and want it stonger,insted cover it with somthing thaat can breathe,i usted a sock when it was on my wrist,let it get sunshine,
 
Bleach and water solution is the only thing that works!!! Comments By: busymom1976 on 2011-01-11
My household had ringworm for over a year and we could not get rid of it. I was even on pills to clear it up which are very dangerous for your liver. The only thing that worked was the bleach and water solution. As well you need to wash all towels, clothes and bedding in borax to get rid of the fungus on them unless they are white and then add the bleach to your laundry. This IS THE ONLY THING that worked.
 



Ask a question Send in a tip Contact TipKing Books Privacy Disclaimer Feed
Tipking 2000-2011 All rights reserved Last update: Thu Nov 17 2011