Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach


(369) comments about this tip

Bleach for ringworm, ring worm

Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.

The following was sent in by Nick

You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines

Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
100% Bleach
- Burning
- Scars

Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water

Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***



Visitors comments



 
does work, but not as well as i'd hoped Comments By: nadine on 2007-07-02
after reading other comments here, i tried it a diluted bleach solution applied with a cotton swab. It did seem to make it a lot better, but even after about 1 week of use I'd say about 50% of the ringworm was gone --but it didn't cure it. Then I went out and bought some antifungal cream from the drug store. Now my routine is putting on some bleach in the morning for a few minutes, washing it off after 5-6 minutes, and then putting on the antifungal cream twice a day. My ringworm is almost completely gone now, but if I was still using the bleach only it wouldn't have healed. It's not as instant as everyone makes it seem, but it did help me.
 
I used it on my 1 1/2 year old daughter Comments By: Sexysly531 on 2007-07-06
I have a 19 month old daughter and she had got ringworm in her hair from her daycare. I tried everything to get rid of it. She had it for about 3 to 4 months and nothing was working. Then a friend told me about the bleach I took a Q-tip and dipped it in the bleach, then put it on her head the first time all night, then washed it the next day. I didn't do anything else until the next day. I put some more on and washed it out maybe 4 hours later. When I was done washing her hair I didn't see the ringworms anymore. I also want to say that I don't think that the bleach hurt her because she didn't cry at all while I did it.
 
bleach dried my ringworm!! Comments By: Alexy on 2007-07-16
it really works!!! i tried bleach on my ringworm for 1 day & it dried it out in like 5 minutes omg!!! try it...
 
Works Very Well Comments By: moleer on 2007-07-19
I tried 1/4 cup of bleach with 2 gallons of water and a cup of epson salts (always used the salts) in a foot soak just to see if it would work. The fungus isn't gone because I only did it once about a week ago. But it dried the skin immediately doesn't itch at all and after finding this site, I can't wait to get back to my weekly foot soak. In the meantime, I've just been using the creams twice a day and it's no better and no worse than the only time I used the bleach and water solution.
 
Bleach will kill Ringworm and Athletes Foot Comments By: Jim Behrens on 2007-07-29
I had Athletes foot once and dipped my feet into diluted bleach right after the shower for a few days and not only did it kill the athletes foot, it cleared up a couple of warts I had. I put my semi dry feet into white socks and put on the shoes and off I went. Gave me a warm sensation.

Recently I got ring worm. I again used diluted bleach (1 part bleach to 6 parts water) and applied it liberally with my fingers, enough times to keep it really wet for 10 minutes. I didn't rinse it off, just let it air dry after that. I did this 3 times a day and by the second day it was pretty much gone. I did it one more day to be sure. So after 3 days, no sign of it.

I know people say use the bleach undiluted, but why be uncomfortable if it is not necesary. I think the key is to let the bleach soak in long enough to do its work. Also be aware you can reinfect yourself if you don't wash all your bedding and anything you have worn that came into contact with this fungus.

I did look at the label on the bleach after reading some posts on here and the active ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite 6%.

 
No burning!Good pr bad? Comments By: Dream on 2007-09-02
My mother,my dog,and I all have ringworm...I ahve it the worst because I sleep with my dog.It is all on my chet,and spreading to my chest and back.I and my mother have jsut done the bleach treatment 5 to 1,and it isn't burning.Is that a bad thing?(I'm 10,should I have used a stronger formula?)
 
bleach seems to be working for me Comments By: cat on 2007-09-04
i have athletes foot and a CVS pharmacist and one dermatology site suggested half a cup of bleach to a gallon of water. soak for ten minutes a day, twice a day along with an OTC antifungal cream. seems to be working.
 
bleach Comments By: ryan on 2007-09-09
I think i have ringworm on my side...so i put bleach...so i put bleach on the spot 3 times. burned but is tolerable..now its a red blotch. does that mean it is going away? how do i know if the bleach is working?
 
I have Ring Worms Allover my Body~!! Comments By: Tina on 2007-09-11
Ok!! i just recently found weird spots on my body and I did a search on line and it looked liked it's a ringworm so I went to CVS and got a cream, and all the sudden my ringworm become worst and become read bumps, I want to try the bleach can I soak my self in the tub just bleach and water?

TipKing says: No, No, No you could really burn yourself. As with ALL tips be cautious, try a little test area on a small affected area and work up from there.

If you are in any doubt leave well alone. There is no guarantee with any of the tips

 
Bleach WORKS! Comments By: MRS B. on 2007-09-14
I always get ringworms and as I child I had a large one on my right arm. My mother put on Bleach every threee hours and it killed it! I recently discovered one on my hairline in on the back of my head. Put Bleach on every three hours and it is almost gone in one day!!! LOVE THIS REMEDY! NASTY RINGWORMS! DIE
 
Peroxide, bleach, clotrimazole cream... Comments By: LongTermFungusVictim on 2007-09-18
I've had crotch rot for 40 years! From time to time I would apply Lotrimin LF and Ultra, and it would get better, but then I would stop and it came back. I just lived with it.

About three months ago I said "Enough is enough." I declared war on it. Lotrimin Ultra helped, but it wasn't enough. I started using peroxide 3% to wash the area. This is cool because it reveals the fungus by turning it white. I added black walnut and that helped too. But then I read about bleach. Now I wash with soap and water, wash with hydrogen peroxide until the infected areas turn white, and follow that up with full strength Clorox bleach! I use cotton balls to apply the peroxide and QTips to apply the bleach. When the bleach dries I apply clotrimazole over it liberally. It hurts something aweful, but the infected areas disappear, one layer after another. It seems that the infection is very deep with new sites appearing as other sites are killed. Now the itch is completely gone and there are only three little white areas. When they are gone, I will have conquered the damned fungus. I plan to use clotrimazole for weeks after it all clears up.


 
stubborn scalp fungus Comments By: HELP HELP HELP on 2007-09-27
Is it safe to use bleach on the scalp?
 
Bleach works! Comments By: Jack on 2007-10-02
Ring worm of the scalp of the face and beard. Atheletes foot and jock itch. it is all the same fungus. dilute bleach and water in a spray bottle. spray it on wait for a few minutes then shower with soap and water. spray bleach on your soap and wash. it works fast and is much cheaper and effective than lamisil. mix a few tbls. of bleach into your shampoo if you have it in your scalp. Strait bleach will burn you. Make sure you dilute it.
 
Bleach AND salt?? Comments By: savage on 2007-10-07
I'm going to use a bleach solution and mix salt mixed into it. The bleach will kill the fungus but I also want to dry the hell out of these things! So I am adding salt to the mix and see what happens. I used the bleach this morning and they are already pretty dry after 30 mins...
 
Bleach and Ringworm Comments By: APE on 2007-10-17
I have tried almost all of the commercially available products including RX based products and no luck. Today I used bleach the type that kills all germs 100%. Applied and as soon as I did i saw what appeared as small dark grey blotches under the skin left on for bit and they blistered and broke out. it's now 2hours later and I have some readening and will have some tiny scars where the fungus was burnt away. But the skin is already smooth and has lost the patterned edge and no itching. I'd say go for it. 100% bleach 1 min and lots of water to wash away the bleach stings for about 30mins.
 
good Comments By: blah on 2007-10-25



Ask a question Send in a tip Contact TipKing Books Privacy Disclaimer Feed
Tipking 2000-2011 All rights reserved Last update: Thu Nov 17 2011