Home : Laundry and Stains : Stains
DO's and DON'Ts of stain removal
- DO check the care label of all stained items, this will help you decide
the best course of action
- DO try the simplest method first. Many stains can be removed by soaking in
detergent and water followed by washing.
- DO check the stain after washing. If it remains repeat the stain removal
process before tumble drying.
- DO a test patch when using any solvent, bleach
- DON'T combine chlorine bleach with any other cleaner or stain removal
agent. It may produce toxic gases.
- DON'T over wet fabrics: use solvents sparingly
- DON'T tumble dry a stained item. The heat will set the stain and you will
never be able to remove it.