Most people now consider freckles an attractive asset. However, if you don't like your freckles, stay out of the sun; it darkens them, since freckles are patches of melanin (a skin pigment) triggered off by sunlight.
If you must go into the sun, use a sun cream with a high sun protection factor.
Disguise your freckles with a beige foundation or translucent powder.
The fololowing was sent in by Natural Skin Expert
This will work for most people, but the best rule for freckles is to avoid sunlight and use good sunscreen when you can't. The only other solution I know besides this is a laser facial or a chemical peel (which cost at least $100 a treatment.)
Fresh Lemons (lemon juice ok)
- You will need the juice from half a lemon. Do not dilute it. You can use the store bought lemon juice but its better to use fresh lemon as it is not pasteurized like the store version is. (all food looses a little oomph after pasteurization)
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon into a bowl. Stick a butter knife into the fruit part and squeeze the lemon against the knife to get the most juice out. If you don't like picking bits of pulp off your face, then filter the juice through a strainer.
- For maximum effectiveness, exfoliate your problem area. This is best done with Apricot Scrub but you can scratch your face, use a loofa, or use a pumice stone.
- Get lemon juice and turn on a tv show at hulu.com
- Dip your fingers into the juice and wipe it on your face or problem area. If its your face, do your entire face from chin to forehead (a lot of sun damage is there but just isn't visible yet. Better take care of it now.) Make sure to do your eye area carefully.
- Wait for your skin to dry, and you should feel some stinging.
- When your skin is dry, reapply more juice.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until you are out of juice.
- Rinse your face with water. Pat dry.
Do this every day, no more than twice a day for 8 weeks. Your face or problem area should be in excellent shape by then.
On a side note, you can also use the lemon juice to lighten up your hair in the summer. Just put in the juice of a whole lemon into your hair before exposing yourself to copious sunlight (like a beach day) good luck!
More about treckles here