Home : Outdoors : How to compost grass cuttings (and anything else) quickly
Outdoors How to compost grass cuttings (and anything else) quickly
Submitted by Steve
Grass cuttings are very slow to compost unless you take a lot of time and trouble... unless...
It's the ammonia that does it!
- Dig a shallow hole
- Pile up the grass cuttings in the hole
- When the wife is not looking, 'wee' on the cuttings.
- 'inspect' the pile each day (and have a quick 'whiz' too!)
- Next weekend cut the lawn and put on more grass cuttings
- keep going until the pile gets a bit tall and then start another pile.
- When the 2nd one is full, the first one will be nicely 'digested' and ready for use on the garden.
Definitely not a tip for the ladies though!