Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach
Bleach for ringworm, ring worm
Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.
The following was sent in by Nick
You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines
Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water
Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach
Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach
***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***
We have used it on cats at the Veterinary Clinic.
Fungus Among Us on 2009-07-29
I worked at a veterinary clinic where we would sedate the cats, put eye lubricant in their eyes for protection, give them a bath, then pour a 1 part bleach to 9 parts water mixture over the cats using a cotton ball to dab around the head. We would towel dry them, then use a hair dryer to completely dry the bleach mixture on them. The sedation and fast drying prevented them from ingesting or otherwise being hurt by the bleach mixture. Then we would reverse the sedation and wake them up. It seemed to work for the cats, so I'm trying a 10% bleach solution on my ringworm now. We'll see how it goes. Don't forget, you need to change your bed sheets, clothes and any other fabric that comes in contact with the ringworm fungus and wash them with bleach or bleach alternative. I use hot water, but I don't know if that matters.