Home : Health : Remedies : Ringworm : Bleach


(369) comments about this tip

Bleach for ringworm, ring worm

Bleach is very good at killing the fungus that is causing the problem. Simply dab the affected are with a cotton ball that has been mistuned with bleach twice a day. The bleach should not burn you, however do look for any allergic reaction. Reports are that the ringworm will be gone in as quick as 2 days.

The following was sent in by Nick

You decide on the strength of the bleach you use. You need to be responsible. Below are some guidelines

Fast treatment (1-2 Days)
100% Bleach
- Burning
- Scars

Quick treatment (2-4 Days)
- 50% Bleach
- 50% Warm Water

Normal Treatment (3-6 Days)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

Safe, Slow Treatment (1 Week+)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Bleach

***APPLY EVER FOUR (4) HOURS***



Visitors comments



im scared Comments By: tj on 2010-03-15
I put bleach on my ringworms and yea it burned but not that bad as people say so im wondering if i put the right amount? And does it really leave a scar? thats what im mostly worried about and i just want it to go away.
 
Jock Itch Battle.. Time for War! Comments By: PJ on 2010-03-15
I have been battling Jock Itch for close to 2 months now. It started on very small on both sides of my goin area then spread to genitals. I have spent a small fortune on every cream, oil and natural remedy found on all the websites. Nothing worked!! I am now going for the bleach diluted with vinegar. I will then put tea tree oil mixed with grape seed oil and mix lotramin and Lamisil cream on it! I did this earlier and it burn for a minute then goes away. I hope that this will work. I will try to report back with the results! Please say a prayer for me!!!! PJ
 
idk . worried :( HELP . ! Comments By: sarah on 2010-03-17
my ringworm is on the side of my face. DIIZZ IS BAD . ! im 13 nd have a big thingey at school to qo to in 2 days iiTried the bleach to tek it off quick, rite>? bhut its dark in color. !! :( . iiNormally use makeup to cover it up . soo noone notices. BHUT IDK WHAT TU DO NOW . !
 
bleach very awesome Comments By: bridger on 2010-03-19
I was a wrestler the mats get reall moist or from,cats but ive always scrub hard with bleach way burns gone in,a,day
 
epsom better Comments By: mamba on 2010-03-26
Ringworm has spread to my wife and kids and nothin seems to work...until...

We just started adding epsom salts to our baths three times a week and I have to say the results are nothing short of miraculous. Before you bleach and scar your skin, try this and you'll be sold. The rash at my feet has dried up and is flaking off, and the itchiness all over is steadily disapearing. My hair no longer feels like dried hay, and the hot sweating is gone.

 
Ringworm cured ! Comments By: Frank on 2010-03-31
New kitten infected with ringworm. My wife developed 3 spots and I one. 1/2" in size. This is how we cured it using information from this site. Mix 1 part clorex bleach with 5 parts water. Soak a cotton ball and hold it on the spot for several min. Rinse with water and apply Lotrimin clotrimazole 1% cream in a heavy coat on band aid. Cover the spot with the band aid. You can use a uv black light to see the active spores. They glow a bright blue. Do this for 2 days twice a day. The bleach will kill the spores. Use the bleach only for 2 days. The next two days apply the Lotrimin coated band aids twice a day. The final 2 days get Nortons sea salt with idoine. Make a paste with water. Apply a heavy coat of the salt to a wet cotton ball. Hold the salt covered cotton ball onto the spot for several min.then rinse off with water. This will dry out the spot and help the new skin grow. Let dry for a hour or so then a light coat of Lotrimin for several weeks in the spot area. You can recheck the area during this time with the uv light. Change your clothing and bedding each day. To prevent additional infection put a cap full of bleach in a bottle of shower gell and shower with this soap. Wet yourself then a heavy coat of gell. Soap up real good. Let it stand for a min or so then rinse off. This cured our problem. Thank you all for the great pointers. You don't need to burn and scar yourself. Only use the bleach for 2 days.
 
help me Comments By: anon on 2010-04-01
can i use this treatment on my puppy also ?
 
Bleach in bath NOT pure bleach applied Comments By: Devo on 2010-04-06
Bleach baths have been found to be very effective for eczema, ringworm, some skin infections, etc.. About 1/4 cup bleach to a tub of water, soak at least 5 minutes, daily or a few times a week. Check medical research articles online for valid research and results.
 
BLEACH PEN Comments By: Keenon on 2010-04-08
I tried regular bleach all it did was burn and agitate the ringworm. then i bought a CLOROX BLEACH PEN and yes it still burns but the ringworm died within 2 days. DO THIS !!!
 
Why is it Spreading?! Comments By: ringworm girl on 2010-04-10
okay well i have ringworms on my inner thigh, stomache and lower back and ive had them for about 6 months -__- i hate them. first i tried apple vinegar twice daily and it didnt really work. NEXT! i tried putting clear nailpolish on it so it would dry up the ring worm but it just peeled it off, it didnt get rid of it. So i kept hearing about the whole bleach thing and decided to try it. I think everyone with a ringworm is desperate to get rid of them quick. So i applied the bleach straight up! And it burned like a b*tch. They got smaller instantly but i have two huge stubborn ones that werent budging so i applied the bleach and put clear nailpolish on them i have a feeling its going to work. i applied about 15 minutes ago, and have yet to take the nailpolish off. i heard you leave it on there for a day? So heres goes nothing!
 
It's worth a try Comments By: lisuthsi on 2010-04-11
I just went to buy bleach after reading this. I'm 44 and this is the first time in my life having ringworm; I am thoroughly disgusted! It seems I contracted it at the beauty shop will getting my hairline trimmed (it's on the back of my neck). Anyhow, I used it straight and it burns like crazy but I don't care! I just hope it works.
 
does bleach really work?????? Comments By: j on 2010-04-20
i have been lookin on here too find something to get rid of my ringworm. I start the bleach treatment. its been two days i really don't see no differents. but i hope it works
 
ringworm is your bitch Comments By: chris on 2010-04-19
ringworm is nothing to worry about ive been wrestling for 4 years and ringworm is a daily thing. in fact most wrestlers hope they get ring worm out of all the other fungus there is because its so easy to get rid of. Ive had ring worm on every limb of my body and you just put some bleach on it and your done
 
bleach it and leave it... Comments By: Bleach_Believer on 2010-04-22
Well about a week or so ago i notice these things on my 5 yr old and my 3 yrs old left arms, so i thought it was there exezma flaring up, so i put Triamcinolone Cream on the areas, but yeah that didn't work. So I asked my friend, what she thought it was. A ringworm, she told me a friend had put bleach on her son and it worked. I was still skeptical so when I went to class one evening and a classmate told me about the bleach she said to damb a small amount on the area and then the medication that i had recieved from the doctor, so that night when i came home from class i did just that in maybe a hour or so after that I truly saw the difference in size on my children. So I would recommend it to others. My 3 year old cried like a baby the first time I put it on him so i diluted it the next go round but it's been 2 days later and it has worked. So I say Bleach it and leave it. Also i recommend to put a cap full of bleach in the tub when you or your kids take a bath just to kill all the fungus, think about it why do you think they put cholrine in the pool when you're out swimming, to kill the germs.
 
Waiting to see. Comments By: Gunner on 2010-04-24
I have it all over my legs butt and waist and arms. I'm going to try and start with my arms.
 
My babies!!!!!!!!!! Comments By: kyona on 2010-04-29
So Both of my daughters were going to a daycare and the day care provider had the ring worm,(didnt know when we enrolled)on her hands.She was consistantly touching there hair Im assuming. Here it is a year later cause of course I took them out. They have it in there hair.....:( I've taken them to dermetologitst, and he's givin them a steriod that is taken for ever. The doctor basically told me and this might gross you that they have eggs and they just keep spreading and spreading. I've done the bleach thing and the only thing with that is they will return if you don't consistantly use so that you are free of the eggs!!!!!!(im itching now)But Im just hoping and praying for this to stop. Im so tired of this cause its effecting there hair. PLease help!!!!!!!!!lol



Ask a question Send in a tip Contact TipKing Books Privacy Disclaimer Feed
Tipking 2000-2011 All rights reserved Last update: Thu Nov 17 2011