Have you ever been on your hands and knees in front of the fireplace blowing for all your might to try and get the fire to light. Well I used to hold a large piece of newspaper over the fire opening to help 'draw' the fire. That however is not a good idea as you never know when the paper will catch fire also. I have had many a time when I have had to rush outside with a burning newspaper.
What you need is bellows. The problem is you just cannot get hold of them anymore. Well instead of using bellows just use a hairdryer. Simple yet effectiveą.
Using your hairdryer as bellows is also great when it comes to lighting a barbeque..