Home : Health : Keeping Motivation. Six Steps for Self-Motivation
Keeping Motivation. Six Steps for Self-Motivation
Reaching what you want in life is not always easy. Perhaps you want to get a new job, start a business of your own or maybe just give back the love that someone else has to offer you. Keeping motivation in your life is not always easy. Motivation is a prime factor behind what can make you successful in life, or what make you feel as if you are just mediocre.
Six Steps for Self-Motivation
Each and every one of us is against the world, working to get what we want, often-expecting more than what we receive. In order to make the most of your life you must remain positive with a bright outlook on life that is going to make you feel like a million bucks no matter what day of the week it is or what life throws at you. In order to keep your self-motivation going I have arranged a few tips that I feel will help you.
- Always look at yourself in the morning, brush your teeth and comb your hair. Act as if today is the first day of the school, even if you have been out of school for ten or twenty years. Feeling the butterflies in your stomach about everyday of your life is going to help you best prepare yourself daily, both physically and mentally. Physically you will pay more attention to your self and your personal needs. Mentally you will be more organized more of the time. This is a motivation that will become habit where you will push yourself to success.
- Keeping a bright outlook in life has to start with working at a job, or career that you love most. Set your sights on doing something that you love, even if it takes months, or years to reach your goal. Having something to look forward to, that you want in life for your career is a goal well worth working and waiting for. No one ever has their dream job handed to them on a plate, working towards what you want is going to be a key in life to happiness. Motivate yourself to find out what interests you most by opening your mind to all types of choices, decisions and paths in life.
- Allow yourself to dream, think and ponder. While some types of dreams are going to be out of reach, many dreams are within your reach by working in steps and in reaching small goals at a time. Motivate yourself to reach the small goals first while you are working towards those larger goals in life. Write every thing down on a piece of paper, spend time getting what you want, and then continue from there. Keep your goals and life ideas in plain view so you know daily what you are working towards, this is a great motivation.
- Work through problems and face them head on. As problems mount in life they can seem to be unbearable but in facing your problems head on and making them go away as they happen you are more in control of your life, you are in control of what is going on around you and this can be a big motivation in life. When your life seems that it is getting the best of you motivation can wane, but when you face problems head on and you get them out of your life, your motivation to work towards what you want in life is going to increase as you are better able to focus on it.
- Allow yourself some time off work, some time away from the stress of life. This could be a bath, a dance, a walk in the woods, or just a walk in the park, but allowing yourself time away from the house, work and from the family even for fifteen minutes a few times a week is going to allow you to clear your mind and find a new perspective online. This also is a great time to think about problems, how you want to over come them and where you are heading next in life. Enjoy more time and less stress in life by giving yourself a few minutes once in a while it does wonders for keeping your motivation in full force.
- Continue to work on your attitude. Think about the sun, your family, how lucky you are to have what you have in life, and the chances you have to make changes in your life. Motivation is a funny thing, you have to think about how bad some things in life could really be in order to want more and to want to work towards more goals in life. Think about those who donít have parents, children, a nice home or that have any type of skills to get a good job, make these your motivational settings to push yourself towards new things, ideas and what you really want in life.