Home : Beauty tips : Skin : Acne and zit tips : Acne Tips, Really Work!
Acne Tips, Really Work!
Submitted by Jon
OK truth about acne is that you shouldn't do anything about it. Some rules to go by.
- DON'T USE SOAP ON YOUR FACE. NEVER EVER USE SOAP ON YOUR FACE. IT DRIES IT OUT MAKING YOU PRODUCE MORE OIL CAUSING MORE ZITS. Instead, clean your face with a deep cleaning face cleanser that will not dry out your face. I prefer
Dickensons. You put it on a cotton ball and clean your face with it. Like washing your face without
drying it out.
- Products on TV are NOT going to get rid of acne. If its really bad for you,
there are medications that you can get from your doctor, some work some don't.
- No matter what anyone says, acne is hereditary. If your parents had it, most likely you'll have it too. Sure some foods might make it worse but truth is, it doesn't make too big of a difference.
- (EX- I have a friend who's so worried about acne than he doesn't eat any junk food and doesn't drink soda etc. He has pretty bad acne. Me and my other friend
don't care what we eat or drink but we have clear skin. We also listen to these rules.)
- Toothpaste works on most zits. Everyone gets the occasional zit. The best remedy I can
recommend is toothpaste. Just put it on before bed and it normally makes the zit less visible.
- Try to drink a lot of water. Not sure if this works but drinking a lot keeps you hydrated and cleans out your system faster. Some people think it works, others don't.
- Don't pop, just poke. If you really NEED fast results, poke the zit with a SHARP, STERILE!!! needle and drain the pus. That normally reduces the size of the zit a great deal.
- A little cover up goes a long way. If your a guy and refuse to put on make up, put it this way. If your so worried what people say about a little zit, I'd consider that really "girly" so might as well put on make up and feel better about yourself.
- DON'T STRESS YOURSELF OUT ABOUT IT. It's just a few little zits. If your in your 20-40's and its really becoming a problem, you should probably go see a
dermatologist and get the condition checked out or it could lead to scarring.
*NOTE* These rules have been followed by a few of my friends. Its worked for all of them so far. It may or may not work for you. We are teenagers and our raging hormones give us zits but with these rules its helped is a lot.