Home : Beauty tips : Self esteem : Five steps for More Confidence
Five steps for More Confidence
In your lifetime you will find that there are those people who are confident about their lives and those who arenít. If you find that you are not confident about your life, what you do, how you live, and what is going on in your life making changes is going to be the only way to boost your esteem and your confidence levels. Often confidence levels are associated with happiness, a self-happiness in life. Take a look at what you feel good about in life and how confident you are about your skills, abilities, your life, education and your personal life.¬†
The first step for a more confident you are to really sit down and make a listing of the skills, abilities, and the things in your life that you are proud of. When you sit down for a few hours and really think about your life there are many things that a person has to be proud of and to confident about.¬†
Think about your health. Other people fight disease, loss of a limb or a sense, and if you your health you already are a person to be confident about whom you are.¬†
Think about your skills and abilities. Are you able to draw, write, sing, talk, read, search, research, solve, organize, drive, walk, run, face fears, take pictures, print items, or what ever it may be, we each have our own special skills. Special skills are what makes us unique from each other. Think about your special skills and be confidant about who you are. The things that you do in life, such as baking, cooking, riding, explaining or listening for beginners, are all types of skills that make you a person that you should be proud.
Now that you have made a list of what skills you have, and the special things about you I want you to sit back down and think about what you want in life. If you find it hard to list anything then you should already be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished. When you have accomplished all of your dreams, your ideas and thoughts have all come true you will need to think other things in life that you havenít touched upon yet.¬†
If you feel as if you have so much more to do in life to get to be where you want and to have what you want in life, you have a plan. Now you have to work towards that goal. It can take months and years to reach one goal, but you have purpose in life and you are reaching to get what you want no matter if it is related to your personal being, your family, love, a career, or money. Working towards a goal makes us more confident as a goal in life gives us more meaning and only you can personally set these goals.¬†
If you feel that you have accomplished everything that you want and need in life, you are not really looking hard enough. Finding personal pleasure and setting personal goals for yourself is a part of being happier and having more confidence in everything that you do. Seriously take a look at life and find where your directions and energies should be best spent.¬†
To have more confidence in life:
- Take a look at what you have, what you need, and where you want to be. This is setting goals in your life. Personal or otherwise.
- Take stock of what you have accomplished in life, the hard times and the good times, realizing what you have been through, survived and where you are heading in life gives you more confidence as you study your personal being.¬†
- Put your energies into working to what you want in life. You can do it with a little time and patience; you can have anything on your list. It may take months or years, but you have to remember and think about what your goals are in life constantly so you are working towards something you want or need personally. This could be love, a career, a social circle, a relationship or what ever it may be.
- Donít forget to review your lists of where you have been, what you have done and where you are going in life. As you see the changes on paper you are more likely to realize the changes in yourself and where you are heading in life.¬†
- Donít give up. No matter what, building confidence and a more confident personal self requires you to believe in yourself and what you are working towards in life. Confidence is a state of mind that is accomplished only by you- donít give up keep working on what you want and need in life to feel fulfilled!